what are holes in lower outer corners of windshield frame for

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
Bailys
Tell us about your Corvette: 1969 L46 4 spd convertible numbers matching I'm doing a complete frame off restoration (non-NCRS), now into the rebuild phase.

what are holes in lower outer corners of windshield frame for

Post by Bailys » Jul 8th, 2018 5:51 pm

:willy: on the rebuild side of an '69 frame off restoration into year eight now so my memory has faded and unfortunately I had a hard drive crash along the way taking all of my disassembly pictures with it. Can someone tell me what the holes in the lower outer corner pieces of the windshild are for? I've consulted the AIM, all of the major parts suppliers, and haven't been able to determine what they are for. They go all the way through into the passenger compartment and because the steel is cut away to make room to get access to the hole, I suspect a bolt goes through it. At a minimum, the hole needs to be plugged so water doesn't infiltrate the passenger compartment. None of the suppliers appear to sell plugs for it, so I'm suspecting it's a bolt that connects a brace. I've tried to attach a pic but I think the forum isn't allowing pictures. Anyone?