'65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 2001 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/350 hp Automatic,
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Turbo-Hydromatic 400 Transmission with shift kit and stall converter. 1965 High Performance Resto-Mod Coupe, 350 LT-1/390 hp Kiesler 5-Speed

Re: '65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

Post by rbryce1 » Apr 3rd, 2020 9:00 am

The car is still at the detailers being buffed and polished. Last I saw they were about finished with the wet sanding and ready to start buffing and polishing. Not sure if they are still working with the virus travel restrictions, as they are not a vital occupation and our county (and now the whole State of Florida) has been on a stay-at-home restriction for a few weeks now. :rolleyes:

I have been taking the time to work on the roof side vents. Boy are they a PITA. All the new ones are made like crap and all of the old ones need a lot of work as they were all made of pot metal. :bang:

I'm still working 5 days a week, as my occupation is considered critical (construction industry), but I have a lot of spare time on my hands after work and on weekends. Also going to be starting to polish up the front grill, bumpers and side pipe covers this weekend to get them ready for installation. The rear window tint came out great and the window is back over at the body shop waiting for the car to return. :thumbs:

Hopefully many of you can get some work done on your cars if you are stuck at home as well. :hammer:

Cheers! :cheers: