'65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 2001 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/350 hp Automatic,
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Turbo-Hydromatic 400 Transmission with shift kit and stall converter. 1965 High Performance Resto-Mod Coupe, 350 LT-1/390 hp Kiesler 5-Speed

Re: '65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

Post by rbryce1 » Jun 7th, 2020 8:11 am

vito wrote:
Jun 4th, 2020 9:01 pm
Looking good Bob :thumbs:

What glue do you plan on using for the carpet to insulation? The 3M spray did didn't work as expected.

Any advice on prepping the center console for painting? I took the green scuffing pad already.

Cheers

Vito
I'm not sure what adhesive John uses. It is in a spray can and it is 3M, but they make a lot of different spray adhesives. I can find out. Something he did before he sprayed on the glue was to clean the fiberglass really well and spray it with a black lacquer primer. He said if he did not do that, the glue will not stick well. I watched him install several of the pieces of the Dynamat, and he only used a small amount of glue, and it held very well. I am only assuming he will use the same glue to install the carpet to the Dynamat as well. If he uses something different I will let you know.

As far as the center console question, I planned on getting a new center console for the '68 to accommodate a CD stereo. What exactly are you painting, the exterior or the inside or the gauge areas? For my '65, there is a light green paint that goes behind the gauges to enhance the lighting of the gauges. Not sure if the C3 uses this paint or not.