'65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 2001 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/350 hp Automatic,
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Turbo-Hydromatic 400 Transmission with shift kit and stall converter. 1965 High Performance Resto-Mod Coupe, 350 LT-1/390 hp Kiesler 5-Speed

Re: '65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

Post by rbryce1 » May 18th, 2020 8:48 am

Had a really productive weekend. I made it over to my enclosed car trailer where I was storing my new wheels and tires, brought them home and used my new pneumatic car jack to lift the car and changed out the wheels. The jack worked even better than I expected. The car sure looks better with the new wheels and tires installed in place of the "body shop junkers" that were on the car all this time. Anyone need some paint shop wheels & tires. Free, just come and get them! LOL

Also was able to install the two rear bumpers, the license plate light, the rear lower valence, the license plate housing and license plate. That concludes assembling the rear of the car. :hammer: :cheers:

The car is suppose to go over to Auto XTC this afternoon when I get out of work so they can install the carpets, but after weeks and weeks of dry weather, it looks like heavy rain may come in this afternoon. Just my luck! If it does, the move will have to wait, as the car does not have windows yet, not that I intend to ever take it out in the rain. It may come home in the rain, but if it's raining at home, that's where it stays! There is always tomorrow. :thumbs:

Next will come installing the front grill. I may drive it a while before I decide to install the front bumpers. Really like the looks of the car without them. Then I can start on assembling all the door windows and parts, then put on the door panels. Sure is moving along now that paint is done. I had my wife lock up all the guns in the house in case I put the first scratch on it, just to be safe!!! :D

I will try to take some photos before moving it to Auto XTC, as right now it is under a ton of moving blankets and bubble wrap! LOL