- Corvette Addict
- Posts: 946
- Joined: Apr 8th, 2010 4:35 pm
- Tell us about your Corvette: 1995 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/300 hp LT1 Automatic
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Turbo-Hydromatic 400 Transmission with shift kit and stall converter. 1965 High Performance Resto-Mod Coupe, 350 LT-1/390 hp Kiesler 5-Speed
- Location: Pinellas Park, Florida
It does come wioth a lifetime leak warranty, but I don't have a lot of confidence in the first install.
They did a great job fitting it up and applying the sealant between the windshield and the gasket, but that was where they finished. No sealant between the gasket and the windshield frame.
They claim the gasket will hold the water out. Every publication I have read on line as well as the Corvette Assembly Manual shows sealant in both places. In fact, it shows a bedding compound between the gasket and the windshield frame and a glass sealer between the gasket and the glass. The most stated bedding compound is 3M Bedding & Glazing Compound #08509 and the glass sealant is 3M Butyl Rubber Sealant #777.
We will see, but if it leaks, they will be back at their expense.
- 20171120_180847.jpg (113.09 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
- 20171120_180858.jpg (127.9 KiB) Viewed 1094 times