'65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

General discussion about C3 Corvettes
rbryce1
Corvette Addict
Corvette Addict
Tell us about your Corvette: 2001 Targa Top Coupe, Stock 350/350 hp Automatic,
1968 Full Custom Corvette Convertible, 454/425 hp, Turbo-Hydromatic 400 Transmission with shift kit and stall converter. 1965 High Performance Resto-Mod Coupe, 350 LT-1/390 hp Kiesler 5-Speed

Re: '65 Coupe Resto-Mod and '68 Full Custom Restoration

Post by rbryce1 » Dec 3rd, 2019 9:28 am

Foot is doing much better now. I can walk on it without assistance and today, now that the incision is almost completely healed and the swelling has gone down quite a bit, I trashed that stupid boot and put my New Balance shoes back on. The boot was causing more pain and discomfort from no support than walking without it at all. Feels much better now. Even went back to work yesterday. Don't really need the money that bad, but it was really great getting out of the house. Can't really walk a lot yet, but at work I can sit at my desk and review construction plans instead of just lying on the couch watching TV all day .I was going stir crazy only looking at the living room, bedroom and bathroom all day. Nice change of pace. Think the wife's glad I am out as well!

Took some needed parts over to the body shop yesterday and saw the progress on the Corvette. :)

He has finished sanding the rear of the car and completed repairing the wave in the right rear quarter panel. Looks absolutely perfect. Apparently, the former owner had built a lot of body puddy up in that area so the door would match the fender, instead of aligning the door correctly. After removing all this body filler, he was able to re-shape the fender correctly and the wave was gone! :Hurray: :hammer:

He now has all the gaskets and parts to put the door back on and align it with the rest of the body. Then he goes to the drivers side.

The roof vents and the last emblem should be here this week from Corvette Central so he can fit them up.

Very happy with the progress. :thumbs: