Door to front fender gap

Want to discuss or ask questions about the restoration project featured on The Corvette Restoration Page? If so, this is the place!
Mike D
Tell us about your Corvette: Yes. 1977. Bought it to restore

Door to front fender gap

Post by Mike D » Jul 24th, 2019 12:19 am

Hey guys, I’m new here and really enjoy reading everyone’s posts. Now I have a question of my own. I have a 77 Vette it only has about 60,000 miles on it and I have most of the original paperwork with it but the car is pretty rough bc the second owner (I’m the 3rd) got really sick and the car sat outside covered up with a tarp for about 7 years before he passed. The problem is probably 5/8 gap between the top of the front fenders and the doors and about an 1/8 at the bottom. The frame is in good shape I’ve gone over the front frame horns and the fenders all seems to be original with no evidence of ever being wrecked. All of body mount rubber is dry rotted and the bottom of the core support is rusted out. My question is will the fenders have to be removed in order to fix this. I’m gonna do a frame off restoration but really don’t want to remove the front end. Thanks in advance for any help. Mike